Education is a necessity in the today’s scenario. If you want to achieve a reputed status in the society and earn a decent livelihood, you should seek quality education. While education is an obligation for most of the learners, it is a dream for some of the aspirants. We are talking about economically weak and backward section of the society. To promote quality education amongst the needy, MSBTE offers scholarships every year. The number of scholarships is limited, and it is meant for those who are in actual need. Thus, if you consider yourself one of the prospects for scholarship, this article is meant for you.
To avail MSBTE scholarship 2018, you have to accustom yourself with the eligibility criteria, application procedure, and the schedule. Here, we have emphasized on every aspect so that you can apply for the scholarship without any difficulty.
The Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate applying for the MSBTE scholarship should be a fresh candidate. He or she must be seeking admission in the first year or the first semester of an AICTE approved Diploma course in an MSBTE affiliated college.
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum score of 70% in the school examinations. The score of the entry level qualification that is necessary for the admission in MSBTE should qualify the minimum criteria of 70% marks.
- If you are applying for MSBTE scholarship, you will be considered if you are not in a possession of any other scholarship for the particular academic year.
- The family income of the candidate should not exceed Rs 5 lakhs per annum. In case the earning member of the family has expired, the applicant will be considered for a scholarship at any stage, irrespective of the year/semester of the course.
- The candidate will be eligible for next year scholarship only if he or she clears the examination with first division. However, the management will keep the total number of scholarships for each year should not exceed 952. Since the scholarships are limited, a merit-based list will be created.
- The amount of scholarship is Rs 7000 per year.
- Eligible candidates must fill the application form complete in all aspects, attach necessary documents, confirm the information, and submit the application with an attested copy of documents. The application will be scrutinized by the Principal of the institute, verified by a three-member committee at RBTE, and sorted and uploaded by MSBTE after careful inspection.
- The list of attested documents that should be attached:
- Educational qualification proof such as mark sheet and grade sheet
- Income certificate of parents
- Statement of marks (applicable for second/ third-year students)
- Photocopy of the passbook that furnishes clear information such as name, account number, IFSC code, etc. The account holder should be the student or parent.
Time Table of the Proceedings
The application submission proceedings generally start in the month of November and end in the month of December. The process of submissions, analysis, and confirmation takes place in the month of December. The provisional list of candidates will be displayed in the month of January. If students have any grievances, they can raise the issue in the month of January itself. After final clarification, the display of final list and disbursement of the scholarship will be done in the last week of January.